Coronavirus Update

Click below button to view about Coronavirus Update

View Coronavirus Update
 

Our History

Our roots at Monarch Steel date back to 1934. From a small distribution facility on E 93rd Street in Cleveland, Ohio we have grown to be significant regional steel distributor serving the North Central and South/Southeastern United States. A timeline of events forging our growth:

  • 1934 Monarch Steel founded on 93rd Street Cleveland, Ohio
  • 1986 Monarch Steel acquired by Kaufman Family
  • 1989 Business expands moving to Martin Avenue facility in Cleveland, Ohio
  • 1997 Acquisition of Southeast Tube Cadiz, Kentucky
  • 1998 Decatur, Alabama facility opens on 29 acres with new greenfield 175,000 Sq. Ft distribution facilities serving the South/Southeast United States with cut-to-length product and heavy gauge slitting
  • 2004 Precision Blanking Line installed in Decatur, Alabama
  • 2006 Company expands again acquiring 16 acres with 125,000 Sq. Ft. facilities on Johnston Parkway in Cleveland, Ohio capable of both light and heavy gauge slitting
  • 2009 Light gauge slitting added to Decatur, Alabama capabilities
  • 2015 Upgraded Cleveland plant heavy gauge slitter